Sunday, November 4, 2012

Opening

Olha que coisa mais linda, mais cheia de graca. So goes the opening of one of the most beloved muzak songs in the world, "Garota de Ipanema," or "Girl from Ipanema" in English. My translation of the line is, "Look what a pretty thing, so full of grace."

Maryland is an oddly-shaped state located on the East Coast of the United States of America (please refer to the cheese board below to get the idea. Also, please buy me said cheese board). Technically, I have lived in Maryland since 2008, but I lived in a high-rise apartment building that was literally a 3 minute walk from Washington, DC, so I actually felt like I lived in DC. My husband and I recently moved to Maryland, like, actually IN Maryland, so I decided to learn more and write about the state I now call home.

AHeirloom's Maryland State Cutting Board. $48.00, via Etsy.

I was born and raised in southern California, then I went to college in Connecticut, then I went back to San Diego for a year, then I moved to Washington, DC for work and grad school. In between there I had longish stints in Italy and Chile. I finally "settled down" in Maryland. It's a good and interesting state. Thought I'd write a blog about it. Like to hear it? Here it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment